Position Title: Police Officer
Concentration: Law Enforcement
Level of Entry: Entry Level
Agency: City of Cranston
Address: 869 Park Ave.
State: RI Zipcode: 02910
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Preserve the peace - protect life and property
• Prevent crime
• Detect and appropriately respond to violators of the law
• Enforce laws within departmental jurisdiction
• Maintain good community relations and treat people with dignity and respect
• Respond to all emergencies
• Ability to reason within life and death situations
Must be 21 years of age by June 30, 2019
• Prior to June 30, 2019, you must have obtained an Associate’s Degree; or a minimum of sixty (60) college credits.
• The college requirement will be waived for individuals who have served two (2) continuous years of active military service in the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Coast Guard or five (5) years continuous military reserve service or have graduated from a certified state or municipal police academy with a minimum of two (2) continuous years active full-time employment as a Corrections Officer or a Police Officer in a state, municipal or county law enforcement agency.
• Must have good communication skills, be self-motivated, and be able to multi-task during stressful situations.
• Must demonstrate a history of good work ethic and civil conduct.
• Weight must be proportionate to height.
• Be of good health, moral character and habits, and sound in body and mind.
• Individuals with felony criminal convictions (including those expunged) will be removed from consideration.
• Individuals with misdemeanor criminal convictions (including those expunged) may be removed from consideration depending on the facts and circumstances.
• Persons convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence will be disqualified per Federal Law (18 U.S.C. 922 (g) (9).
• Driving history will be considered and may be disqualify some individuals.
• Persons with a driving history which includes “driving while impaired” will be disqualified.
• Must not test positive for a substance that is classified as illegal without a prescription in the State of Rhode Island.
• Upon appointment you must be a United States citizen. This qualification shall continue during the entire period of employment.
The application can be obtained at www.policeapp.com/CranstonRI .
Processing fee is $40.00. In addition to the on-line application you must complete and have notarized the wavier for the Physical Agility Test. YOU WILL NEED THIS TO TAKE THE AGILITY TEST.
All applications must be submitted by 11:59pm, Friday June 28, 2019.
Application Period Begins: 05/01/2019
Application Period Ends: 06/28/2019
Number Positions to be Filled: 1
Yearly Salary: $0.00
(Some agencies may post only their standard hourly rate)
© 2017, BSL Systems Ltd Designed by BSL Systems Ltd