Position Title: University Police Officer II
Concentration: Law Enforcement
Level of Entry: Intermediate
Agency: University of Rhode Island Police
Address: 80 Lower College Road
State: RI Zipcode: 02881
Provide supervision to University Police Officer I and assigned lesser ranking public safety personnel. With a high degree of professionalism, promote public safety, enforce laws and Rhode Island Council on Postsecondary Education and University of Rhode Island regulations; effect arrests in accordance with provisions of federal, state, and local laws and ordinances; maintain order and security on premises within the legal jurisdiction, provide emergency medical services to the University community; protect life and property.
Successful completion of a comprehensive police training curriculum approved by the Rhode Island Police Officers’ Commission on Standards and Training prior to hire.
2. Demonstrated law enforcement experience such as gained through one year of employment with a campus, municipal, or state police force or other governmental enforcement organization, OR two years of policing-related military experience.
3. Demonstrated recent (within last three years) experience working in a law enforcement capacity.
4. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
5. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
7. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and CPR certificate.
8. Must be physically qualified to perform assigned duties as evidenced by a physician’s certificate.
9. Must satisfactorily pass a formal review process, which may include agility, psychological, and/or competency tests and must also pass a national criminal background check.
1. Associate’s degree, preferably in police science or other related curriculum.
2. Demonstrated working knowledge of the Rhode Island Council on Postsecondary Education and the University of Rhode Island institutional regulations.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The search will remain open until the position has been filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by September 21, 2020. Second consideration may be given to applications received by October 16, 2020. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (October 16, 2020) may not be given full consideration.
Application Period Begins: 09/04/2020
Application Period Ends: 10/16/2020
Number Positions to be Filled: 1
Yearly Salary: $0.00
(Some agencies may post only their standard hourly rate)
© 2017, BSL Systems Ltd Designed by BSL Systems Ltd