Position Title: Police Sergeant
Concentration: Law Enforcement
Level of Entry: Select
Agency: Huron-Clinton Metropolitan Authority
Address: 4570 Huron River Parkway
State: MI Zipcode: 48380
Contact: Human Resources
Phone: (810) 227-8910
Email Address: email@example.com
LOCATION: Western District – Kensington
BARGAINING UNIT / LEVEL: POAM Level 4
SALARY RANGE: $71,198 - $76,544 annually DOQ
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Under the immediate supervision of the Chief of Police and District Lieutenant, work activities in this position primarily involve supervising the day-to-day operations of the law enforcement personnel, provide assistance to the public, prepare work schedules, orient new employees and assist in the in-service training of all law enforcement personnel and maintain law and order.
1. Judgment: Employee can independently assess issues and problems effectively.
2. Confidence: Employee is decisive and has confidence in own judgment and abilities. Is able to give direction and hold others accountable.
3. Organizational Commitment & Integrity: Is a team player and committed to advancing the department’s cause. Is able to interpret policy and apply it to subordinates.
4. Service Orientation. Demonstrates commitment to the organization and helping others. Sees members of the Department and park patrons as customers. Follows-up on issues and tries to make things better.
5. Change Management: Understands the need for change. Ties change efforts to the needs of the organization. Helps others understand and adapt to change.
6. Impact and Influence: Is able to effectively communicate and educate others.
7. Developing Employees: Is able to delegate and motivate employees to solve problems and learn.
8. Results Oriented: Is self-directed and motivated.
• Associates Degree earned at an accredited school in criminal justice, law enforcement or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Five (5) years of full-time law enforcement work experience required.
• Possess a valid State of Michigan motor vehicle license and maintain an acceptable driving record.
• Unsullied personal life free from crimes of moral turpitude as determined by a criminal history and background investigation.
• Ability to obtain and maintain MCOLES certification.
• Ability to perform all the essential job functions and typical physical demands unassisted and without delay.
• Free from illicit substances other than those prescribed under a licensed physician's care.
• Non-smoker on or off the job.
• Ability to maintain proficiency with duty firearm in accordance with HCMA rules and regulations.
• May be assigned to work in other parks and districts as needed and if necessary.
• May be required to adjust schedule to meet organizational needs, including special events, evenings, weekends & holidays.
• Required to attend FTO supervisors training.
• Ability to perform essential duties.
• Ability to observe situations analytically and objectively and to react with good independent judgement within legal guidelines.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective and positive relationships with employees and the general public.
• Sensitivity for cultural diversity among employees and park visitors.
• Knowledge of management functions, and law enforcement rules, regulations and procedures.
• Familiarity with community policing, police practices, and laws and rules of evidence.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in written form to prepare necessary reports and records.
• Ability to supervise and train employees.
A full Job Description can be obtained by contacting Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, visit www.metroparks.com/hiring.
Application Period Begins: 09/25/2020
Application Period Ends: 10/25/2020
Number Positions to be Filled: 1
Yearly Salary: $0.00
(Some agencies may post only their standard hourly rate)
© 2017, BSL Systems Ltd Designed by BSL Systems Ltd