Position Title: Director of Public Safety
Level of Entry: Administrative
Agency: Saint Martin's University
Address: 5000 Abbey Way SE
State: WA Zipcode: 98503
Contact: Human Resources
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
To review the full job description and/or apply for this position please visit our website at https://stmartinhr.com/stmartin/careers.htm.
This position is responsible for the oversight of the staff of the Office of Public Safety. The Director of Public Safety administers a comprehensive approach to security and emergency management on the Lacey campus. This position will oversee all emergency preparedness operations, crisis response planning, coordinate building access systems, emergency communication systems and camera systems. The Director of Public Safety serves as a member of the Title IX Team and as designated by the Title IX Coordinator, will investigate reports of sexual misconduct, sexual harassment, gender-related violence including stalking and intimate partner violence, and protected class discrimination and harassment involving employees, undergraduate and graduate students at the University.
Ranked by Niche as the second (#2) most diverse private college in Washington State in 2020. Saint Martin’s is extremely proud of our student diversity. Our university treasures persons of all abilities, ages, ethnicities, genders, nationalities, orientations, races, and religions. In particular, we know that students educated in an ethnically diverse settings perform better academically and reap greater professional success than their peers from more homogeneous learning environments. We proudly celebrate that our student population is 51% undergraduate and 32% graduate students of color. We are committed to pursuing an employee community which reflects a similar, if not the same percentage.
Therefore, we intentionally encourage and request that members of historically underrepresented groups apply to join this community. All of us, from all backgrounds, are making a commitment to do and be better for our students, faculty and staff.
Established in 1895, Saint Martin’s University serves as the educational mission of Saint Martin’s Abbey. The Abbey is a Catholic Benedictine monastery, whose members pray, work, and live together on the University campus. As the mission is Catholic and Benedictine, one of our values is a spirit of hospitality welcoming all, regardless of an individual’s faith, religion, or spirituality.
• Bachelor's degree required; preferred major of law enforcement, emergency management or criminal justice field; master’s degree preferred in law enforcement/emergency management or criminal justice field.
• Minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience in a structured law enforcement (community policing) or security position, preferably in a campus environment.
• Supervisory and leadership experience.
• Knowledge of computer operations, databases, and software programs, to include Microsoft Office.
• Flexibility to work on weekends, nights and occasional overtime, with the ability to respond to the campus when needed to assist.
• Successfully pass a criminal background check and driving records investigation.
Application Period Begins: 10/12/2020
Application Period Ends: 11/12/2020
Number Positions to be Filled: 1
Yearly Salary: $0.00
(Some agencies may post only their standard hourly rate)
© 2017, BSL Systems Ltd Designed by BSL Systems Ltd