Persons interested in this position may download more information by CLICKING THIS LINK for an Adobe PDF version.
Position Title: Probationary Police Officer
Concentration: Law Enforcement
Level of Entry: Entry Level
Agency: Cranston Police Department
Address: 5 Garfield Ave
State: RI Zipcode: 02920
Contact: Recruitment Officer Glenn Ciaplone
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preserve the peace - protect life & property
- Prevent and solve crime
- Detect and appropriately respond to violations of the law
- Enforce laws with departmental jurisdiction
- Respond to all emergencies
- Ability to reason within life and death situations
- Ability to use good judgement and to problem solve
- Capacity for empathy and compassion
MUST apply at www.policeapp.com
- Must be 18 years of age or older by March 1, 2021
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have good communication skills, be self-motivated and be able to multi-task during stressful situations
- Must demonstrate a history of good work ethic and civil conduct
- Weight must be proportionate to height
- Be of good health, moral character and habits, and sound in body and mind.
- Individuals with felony criminal convictions (including those expunged) will be removed.
- Individuals with misdemeanor criminal convictions (including those expunged) may be removed from consideration depending on the facts and circumstances.
- Persons convicted of misdemeanor crimes of domestic violence will be disqualified per Federal Law 18 USC 922(g)(9).
- Driving history will be considered and may disqualify some individuals.
- Persons with a driving history that includes any type of driving while impaired will be disqualified.
- Must not test positive for a substance that is classified as illegal without a prescription in the State of Rhode Island
Application Period Begins: 02/01/2021
Application Period Ends: 03/08/2021
Number Positions to be Filled: 2
Yearly Salary: $512,020.00 to $75,731.00
(Some agencies may post only their standard hourly rate)
© 2017, BSL Systems Ltd Designed by BSL Systems Ltd