Persons interested in this position may download more information by CLICKING THIS LINK for an Adobe PDF version.
Position Title: Police Patrol Officer
Concentration: Law Enforcement
Level of Entry: Entry Level
Agency: Galesburg Police Department
Address: 150 South Broad Street
State: IL Zipcode: 61401
Contact: Amanda Jennings
Email Address: email@example.com
Police Patrol Officers are responsible for maintaining civil order through the application of law enforcement. General duties relate to the preservation of life and property, as well as suppression and prevention of crime through the enforcement of laws and ordinances. Incumbents operate in the areas of police patrol, traffic control, and preliminary investigative work, at all times operating within the framework of departmental rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
• Responds to all requests for police services.
• Provides appropriate response to emergency and/or non-emergency events. Must have the ability to react quickly and calmly in emergency and hostile situations.
• Communicates effectively through strong written and verbal skills to co-workers, superiors and the general public.
• Enforces laws and ordinances regulating motor vehicle traffic.
• Conducts preliminary and follow-up investigations of crime and accident scenes.
• Collects information and evidence, interviews involved parties, detains and/or apprehends suspects.
• Provides supportive court testimony as required.
• Exhibits good discretionary judgment.
• Produces written reports detailing investigative and/or police services provided.
• Adheres to departmental policy and procedure.
Must meet the following requirements of the City of Galesburg Fire and Police Commission:
AGE: Applicants must be under the age of 35, but at least 20 years of age to test, and be 21 years of age at the time of appointment.
DRIVER’S LICENSE: Applicants must possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
EDUCATION: A High School diploma (or G.E.D.) plus 60 semester/credit hours in an approved college-level law enforcement program or equivalent.
PHYSICAL APTITUDE: Must be able to pass the State required physical agility test.
MORAL CHARACTER: Be of good moral character as confirmed by a complete and thorough background investigation.
CITIZENSHIP: Applicants must be a U. S. Citizen.
Application Period Begins: 08/23/2021
Application Period Ends: 09/29/2021
Number Positions to be Filled: 1
Yearly Salary: $56,763.20
(Some agencies may post only their standard hourly rate)
© 2017, BSL Systems Ltd Designed by BSL Systems Ltd