Position Title: Part-Time Campus Security Police Officer
Concentration: Law Enforcement
Level of Entry: Intermediate
Agency: Christian Brothers University
Address: 6500 E Pkwy S
State: TN Zipcode: 38104
Contact: Patricia Polania
Email Address: email@example.com
About Christian Brothers University:
CBU is committed to creating and maintaining a rigorous and enriching learning experience for our students by providing them the best instruction and support by a superior faculty and staff. CBU encourages opportunities to celebrate diversity in an environment that prepares our students to be global citizens. CBU is an attractive and safe campus environment, and it is quite possibly one of the friendliest campuses anywhere.
If you would like to contribute to these hallmarks of a CBU education, please consider applying for our faculty or staff vacancies through these current employment opportunities.
This is a sworn part-time police security police officer position. Security Police Officers will work under the direction of the on-duty lead officer, the on-duty supervisor, or the Director or Assistant Director of Campus Police/Safety. The Security Police Officer will vigilantly watch for suspicious or unusual activity. The Security Police Officer will always strive to support the mission of the Campus Department of Safety.
• Part-Time Campus Security Police Officers provide campus safety, security, and law enforcement services to the University community as part of an assigned team.
• Officers provide a wide range of services, including both traditional and non-traditional police services.
• Officers are required to participate in crime prevention and community-oriented public safety programming.
• The successful candidate must project a positive and professional appearance and demeanor at all times, including wearing a proper uniform or approved attire and being neat and well-groomed.
• Officers enforce University regulations, local ordinances, and state laws.
• Officers are first responders to incidents, accidents, and other emergencies and conduct initial and follow-up investigations into significant and criminal incidents.
• Officer will work under the direction of the on-duty lead officer, the on-duty supervisor, or the Director or Assistant Director of Campus Police/Safety.
• Must have completed an accredited Tennessee Law Enforcement Training Academy
• Must be currently employed by an accredited law enforcement agency in Tennessee.
• High School diploma or equivalent; some college education preferred
• Must possess a valid driver's license.
• Must have never been convicted of a felony or domestic violence.
• Community service/involvement
• Interviewing, public speaking, and conflict resolution
• Problem-solving, using creative methods to resolve issues
• Multi-Cultural work and life-experiences
• Ability to work successfully within a diverse work environment
• Worked in a college or university setting
Applicants may submit applications at: https://www.cbu.edu/human-resources/
Application Period Begins: 09/23/2021
Application Period Ends: 09/22/2022
Number Positions to be Filled: 5
Yearly Salary: $0.00
(Some agencies may post only their standard hourly rate)
© 2017, BSL Systems Ltd Designed by BSL Systems Ltd