Position Title: Property Evidence Technician
Concentration: Law Enforcement
Level of Entry: Intermediate
Agency: City of Champaign, Illinois
Address: 102 N Neil St
State: IL Zipcode: 61820
Contact: Stacy Rachel
Phone: (217) 403-8776
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Champaign seeks qualified candidates for a career opportunity as a Property Evidence Technician in the Police Department.
Responsibilities of Position
This position processes, records, maintains, and disposes of property and evidence for the Champaign Police Department. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: collects and maintains custody of seized property and evidence; provides courtroom testimony; transports evidence; maintains evidence storage lockers, bulk storage, evidence refrigerators, and evidence room; reviews and submits crime lab requests; identifies owners for return of recovered or personal property; regular culling and purging of disposable evidence; photographs evidence; prepares and delivers property for auction; conducts audits of property and evidence; and stays up-to-date with best practices and legal requirements for proper handling of property and evidence.
The annual starting salary range is $51,565 - $58,702, DOQ, plus an excellent fringe benefits package. Applications must be submitted online to champaignil.gov/jobs no later than Sunday, January 23, 2022.
The City’s mission is to provide responsive, caring, cost-effective service in partnership with our community. The following values guide our work: Personal Integrity, Responsibility, Respect, Teamwork, Results. The City of Champaign is committed to promoting a work environment and a community that values and supports diversity and inclusion. The City of Champaign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
• A high school diploma or equivalent.
• 2 years of experience with a law enforcement agency performing similar duties.
• 1 year of customer service experience.
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Experience with data entry and retrieval from databases.
• Experience writing technical reports on a computer.
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Experience working with highly confidential information.
• Current valid state-issued driver’s license and good driving record.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the job, including lifting up to 40 lbs., crawling, and ability to withstand strong odors such as cannabis.
• Working with law enforcement databases similar to ARMS.
• Experience with crime scene processing and evidence collection.
• Experience working with digital evidence.
• Experience testifying in court.
Drug screening, criminal background investigation, and ongoing random drug testing will be required.
Application Period Begins: 01/07/2022
Application Period Ends: 01/23/2022
Number Positions to be Filled: 1
Yearly Salary: $51,565.00 to $58,702.00
(Some agencies may post only their standard hourly rate)
© 2017, BSL Systems Ltd Designed by BSL Systems Ltd