Persons interested in this position may download more information by CLICKING THIS LINK for an Adobe PDF version.
Position Title: Police Officer
Concentration: Law Enforcement
Level of Entry: Entry Level
Agency: Indiana Borough Police Department
Address: 80 North 8th Street, Suite 104
State: PA Zipcode: 15701
Contact: Justin Schawl
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Tasks (Duties):
• Swift response to calls for service
• Prioritizing responses based on urgency or direction from higher authority.
• Conduct investigations of criminal and non-criminal matters, taking appropriate police action.
• Conduct physical detention and arrest of persons.
• Appear for criminal and civil court proceedings, as directed.
• Work callout assignments, as directed.
• Maintain working knowledge of statutes, laws, ordinances and other rules and regulations.
• Participate in trainings as assigned.
• Conduct training sessions in specified areas as assigned.
• Assist superior officers in the accomplishment of operational tasks.
• Ambassadorship for the Police Department and Indiana Borough through professional conduct
• Attend and report on meetings
• Maintain and continually meet minimum M.P.O.E.T.C. standards
• Ability to work various times of the day or night as ay be scheduled 24/7/365
• Ability to perform duties under adverse conditions, including inclement weather, extended hours, rotating shifts, and under stressful and at times, life threatening situations.
• Maintain physical abilities necessary to conduct tasks of a Police Officer including, but not limited to, the following: physical defense, lifting persons in distress, lifting objects that are hazards, run significant distance with the ability to take police action including the engagement of a combative person. Climb, crawl, and/or maneuver obstacles as necessary to rescue or detain a person, and therefore shall maintain a high level of physical ability including vision, hearing, speaking, flexibility, and strength.
Indiana Borough is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Indiana Borough Police Officer Minimum Application Requirements
Must be a US Citizen
Must be 21 years of age at the time of application
Must possess a high school diploma or (GED) AND an associate degree, or 60 credits
Must have a valid driver’s license
Must be physically and mentally fit to perform the duties of a police officer
Application Period Begins: 09/19/2022
Application Period Ends: 10/19/2022
Number Positions to be Filled: 1
Yearly Salary: $53,736.00 to $71,649.00
(Some agencies may post only their standard hourly rate)
© 2017, BSL Systems Ltd Designed by BSL Systems Ltd