Position Title: Confidential Investigator/Intake Unit Supervisor
Concentration: Law Enforcement
Level of Entry: Line Supervision
Agency: The Special Commissioner of Investigation for the NYC School District
Address: 80 Maiden Lane, 20th Floor
City: NEW YORK
State: NY Zipcode: 10038
Email Address: https://nycsci.org/employment/
The Office of the Special Commissioner of Investigation for the New York City School District (“SCI”) is seeking an experienced, self-motivated candidate to serve as the Intake Unit Supervisor. Under the guidance of the Special Commissioner, the First Deputy Commissioner, the Chief Investigator and the Deputy Chief Investigator, the candidate will have the following responsibilities:
• Supervise the designated intake personnel in a professional matter.
• Assist the intake investigators in taking reports and obtaining information relating to complaints.
• Conduct interviews to obtain complaint information.
• Review and edit each entered complaint for accuracy.
• Follow-up with complainants and agencies for additional required information.
• Ensure information is entered into the database.
• Oversee the referral of complaints to other agencies.
• Conduct ongoing trainings for intake investigators on the duties that are required in their position.
• Handle case sensitive data in a confidential and secure manner.
*As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
THOSE HIRED BY SCI ARE DOE SALARIED EMPLOYEES AND NYC RESIDENCY IS NOT REQUIRED.
Visit our website at https://nycsci.org/employment/ to see the job description, minimum qualifications and preferred skills for the position. Follow the steps in the “APPLY ONLINE” section to submit your application. Please do not email, mail, or fax your resume to SCI directly. Submissions of applications does not guarantee an interview. Due to the high volume of resumes SCI receives, only selected candidates will be contacted.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
Application Period Begins: 11/21/2022
Application Period Ends: 12/21/2022
Number Positions to be Filled: 1
Yearly Salary: $0.00
(Some agencies may post only their standard hourly rate)
© 2017, BSL Systems Ltd Designed by BSL Systems Ltd